Welcome to our adapted 15 Things! Helene Blowers 23 Things sought to introduce Librarians to the ever changing world of the Internet. The advent of Web 2.0 created a participatory Internet. Users create, share, and use at a furious pace. Since 23 Things, tools have changed, they have new features, and new ones were created.
You’re the savvy user. You use Facebook, Twitter, and blogs, and are comfortable exploring new technology. You also work in K-12; you help your students with technology and introduce them to computer literacy skills. With you in mind we have designed an adapted 15 Things with the latest tools for you to explore and reflect on.
Below is a timeline for the course and what you will be discovering.
- Week 1 (3/5)–Registration, Start your WordPress Blog and customize it
- Week 2 (3/12)–Bookmarking Tools: Pinterest, Evernote, LiveBinder
- Week 3 (3/19)–Presentation Tools: VoiceThread and Jing
- Week 4 (3/26)–Play and Catchup week
- Week 5 (4/2)–Communication Tools: Google Hangouts and Edmodo
- Week 6 (4/9)–Image and Infographics: Many Eyes and Dipity
- Week 7 (4/16)–Collaboration: Dropbox and Google Docs
- Week 8 (4/23)–Survey Tools: Google Forms, Survey Monkey, Doodle, and Final Reflections and Conclusion
Some Things to Keep in Mind:
- Each week a new blog post will be added to our “News Updates” side bar introducing the new topic for the week and summarizing the previous week and passing on ideas from your blog posts. Make sure and check it out.
- If you have a question or comment you can leave it in either of two places: 1.) The comments area of the week we are working in or 2.) Leave a comment on the Questions/Comments page. 3.) Check out our Meebo chat on the right hand side. Whichever you choose, one of us will get back to you ASAP.🙂
- Make sure you explore the site thoroughly so you know where everything is.
- If you get behind, don’t worry about it.
- If you want to get accelerate the course, feel free!
- Read and comment on your co-workers blogs. Join the discussion, the more the merrier!
- We will be keeping track of your progress, offering comments and encouragement, and answering any questions you might have. Remember, this is your learning experience, craft it how you want!
Barbara, Evan, Jonine, Kari, Karri, and Lisa